Join one of our teams.
IT is integrated in everything we do. From cybersecurity to development, engineering and operations, our IT team keeps PPL running.
We offer engineering internships and co-ops in the following disciplines: electrical, mechanical, civil, environmental, chemical and industrial engineering.
Accounting & Finance
As a FORTUNE 500® company earning $7.8 billion in annual revenue, our finance team is critical to our success.
Skilled Crafts & Trades
Our skilled workers play a critical role in our mission of delivering safe, reliable power to our customers.
With opportunities in finance, legal, communications and more, PPL is a great place for interns to learn the ins and outs of business.
Assist with HR-related projects related to the improvement of services to the business including administration functions and related human resource functions in the Corporate HR group.
Full-time and part-time competitively paid internships and co-ops are available throughout our service territories.
Kentucky Hiring Schedule
- Summer: Positions posted January – February
- Fall Semester: Positions posted May – June
- Spring Semester: Positions posted August – September
Pennsylvania Hiring Schedule (Summer Only)
- August – September: Internships posted
- September – October: Applications collected and screened
- October – November: Interviews conducted
- November – December: Offers made
- May – August: Summer internship
We empower you to be successful
Our interns and co-ops benefit from a supportive, comprehensive internship experience. Some highlights include:
- Practical, hands-on experience
- Competitive pay and flexible schedules
- Full day HR orientation session
- Coach or mentor assignment
- Networking and professional development events
- Informational interviews and education activities
- Community service activities
Many of our co-op and internships lead to full-time positions.
To qualify, you must:
- Be enrolled in an accredited four-year college or university program.
- Be enrolled on a full-time basis as determined by the college or university (12 semester hours).
- Have an acceptable overall grade point average, not lower than a 3.0. LG&E and KU craft or engineering intern applicants must have a GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Be eligible to work in accordance with United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
- Be able to provide an official student transcript and other required information.
- Be 18 years of age or older.
In Pennsylvania, PPL has arranged with local colleges to provide affordable housing options for summer interns/co-ops, both on-campus and off-campus. Students may also be eligible for a housing stipend.
In Kentucky, qualifying students may be eligible for a housing stipend or course fee reimbursement.
Our exceptional team
Thoughts and ideas from our bright minds and creative teams.
Financial Analyst, PPL Corporation
Internship leads to rewarding career for new financial analyst
Associate IT Security Specialist, PPL Services
Intern turned employee protects PPL from cybercrime
Mechanical Engineer, LG&E
Mechanical engineer intern gains real-world experience and a full-time job