Explore current opportunities and join an exceptionally brilliant team.
Careers at PPL Electric Utilities
Careers at PPL Services
Careers at Rhode Island Energy
Careers at LG&E and KU
PPL is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to diversity and the strength it brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, perceived disability or any other protected characteristic as may be defined by applicable laws. We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
Find your power.
Ready to harness your energy? Explore a specific specialty or all careers.
What’s our hiring process like?
All positions may be different but here is a glimpse at our hiring process. Please note, for any in-person stages of the hiring process, we ask that you notify us of a positive COVID diagnosis. We will work with you to reschedule.
To apply, you will need to create an account and provide the following:
- Contact information
- Employment history
Want alerts for new jobs? Sign up for email alerts.
Timing depends on a variety of factors. On average, we reach out to candidates within 1 -2 weeks. More questions about the application process? Check out our FAQs.
Depending on the position, you may be asked to complete an assessment.
For example, our skilled crafts and trades candidates will need to complete the Construction and Skilled Trades Selection System (CAST) test.
Some practice tests may be available, ask your recruiter for more details.
Assessment time varies and can be anywhere from one hour to a day-long.
Will I have time to prepare for my assessment?
You will be given notification that an assessment is needed and will have time to prepare.
What happens if I do not pass the assessment?
Depending on the assessment type, there may be an option to re-take the test.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), please inform us of any disability that you feel requires special testing arrangements. Please supply this information when you are confirming your attendance to take a test.
- If selected, you may be invited to a preliminary video screening or an interview may be conducted virtually or in-person.
- A staffing representative will work with you to schedule and will provide the details you need.
- If your meeting is in-person, they will provide the location and your point of contact.
- If your meeting is virtual, you will receive a link to Zoom or Microsoft Teams.
- You may meet with one individual, usually the hiring manager, or a team of individuals.
- We conduct behavioral-based interviews.
Initial interviews are typically 60 minutes. There may be more than one interview depending on the role. Subsequent interviews may be longer than an hour.
- Arrive early to ensure you have time to navigate to your meeting location.
- Test your equipment ahead of time if your interview is virtual. Make sure your camera and microphone are working properly.
- Come prepared: be ready to share your resume and any documents the recruiter may have requested.
- Familiarize yourself with PPL’s utilities; and be prepared to use the S.T.A.R. interview method. STAR stands for situation, task, action and result.
- Ask questions to better understand the position.
- Remember to make eye contact (or camera contact).
- Breathe and be yourself.
A representative will be in contact regarding the position as soon as possible.
If you are not selected, you will receive a notification electronically.
If you are extended an offer of employment with PPL, you will receive offer details, including compensation and benefits.
Upon your acceptance, we conduct the following:
- Criminal background check.
- Drug and alcohol screening.
- Reference checks.
- Verification of work history and education.
- Physical abilities testing, if applicable to the role.
Additional screening processes may apply depending on the role.
Dependent on the screening processes.
An offer is contingent upon successful completion of all background checks and screenings.
Ways we work.
The places and ways we work are as diverse as our team.
Field employees are our front-lines and include lineworkers, electricians and many more.
System operators, engineers and other similar roles are typically onsite.
Remote and Hybrid
Some positions may be 100% remote while others have a hybrid – remote and onsite – schedule.
Powered by People
Our people are our greatest strength. Get to know some of them by exploring their stories.