Interning with PPL
We’re looking for a new generation of strong and successful leaders to take us to the next level. If you’re motivated, eager to learn and a solid academic performer, we might have a place for you.
Region-Specific Intern Opportunities
Intern/cooperative associates at PPL work alongside industry professionals in a program designed to give students practical work experience and increase their professional abilities and skills in their field of study. Full-time and part-time competitively paid opportunities are available throughout the year.
The intern/co-op program helps students determine career interests and gain exposure to a corporate environment while gaining practical skills and experience to supplement their work in the classroom.
To qualify, you must:
- Be enrolled in an accredited four-year college or university program.
- Be enrolled on a full-time basis as determined by the college or university (12 semester hours).
- Have an acceptable overall grade point average, not lower than a 3.0.
- Be eligible to work in accordance with Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services regulations.
- Be able to provide an official student transcript and other required information.
- Be 18 years of age or older.
Intern/co-op opportunities are available for various fields of study. PPL has arranged with local colleges to provide affordable housing options for summer interns/co-ops, both on-campus and off-campus.
LG&E and KU also offer co-op/internship programs in Kentucky during the summer, as well as the fall and spring semesters. Paid internships are open to students who are currently enrolled in an accredited college or university.
In addition to real-world experience and competitive pay, co-ops and interns can attend educational and networking events and receive informal mentoring and job shadowing opportunities. Qualifying students may be eligible for a housing stipend or course fee reimbursement. Find more about the program here: