Transfer Agent, Dividend Disbursing Agent and Direct Stock Purchase Plan Agent:
Call toll free 1-800-345-3085, Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. EST to:
- Verify your holdings
- Change your address
- Report lost or missing dividends
- Transfer ownership or make a name change
- Report lost stock certificates
- Obtain a printed Plan Prospectus and Enrollment Form
Or write to:Wells Fargo Bank, N.A.
1110 Centre Pointe Curve, Suite 101
Mendota Heights, MN 55120-4100
Shareowner forms are available at: shareowneronline.com
Outside the U.S.:1-651-453-2129
Effect of Supply Spinoff on Basis of Securities
Important notice for actions affecting the tax basis of securities for shareholders:
On June 1, 2015, PPL Corporation completed the spinoff of its competitive energy business, which was immediately combined with the generation assets owned by Riverstone Holdings to form a new independent power producer called Talen Energy Corporation.
In addition to maintaining the same number of PPL shares they owned pre-spin, PPL shareowners received a distribution June 1, 2015, of 0.124906 shares of Talen Energy common stock for each share of PPL common stock they owned as of 5 p.m. New York City time May 20, 2015. If you were one of these shareowners, this distribution affects the tax basis of your PPL and Talen Energy stock.
There are several methods for determining how to allocate the pre-spinoff tax basis of your PPL common stock to your post-spinoff PPL and Talen Energy shares. Based on one approach using the fair market value of PPL and Talen Energy’s June 2, 2015, closing prices on the New York Stock Exchange, 93.14 percent of the pre-spinoff tax basis of your PPL common stock would be allocated to your PPL shares, and 6.86 percent of the pre-spinoff tax basis would be allocated to your Talen Energy shares. June 2, 2015, was the first day of regular trading for Talen Energy stock post-spin. This example allocation is for illustrative purposes only and is not a recommendation of how your basis in PPL and Talen Energy stock should be allocated. Each shareholder must make their own determination based on applicable tax laws.
This does not constitute tax advice. Please consult your tax advisor to determine the distribution’s tax consequences for you, including any state, local or foreign tax considerations. For more information on the distribution’s effect on the tax basis of PPL and Talen Energy stock, see PPL IRS Form 8937.
Log into Your Account at shareowneronline.com to:
- Verify balance and transactions
- Change your address
- Obtain tax information and forms
- Enroll in the Direct Stock Purchase Plan
- Purchase and sell shares
Direct Stock Purchase Plan
Stock purchase and dividend reivestment are available through the PPL Corporation Dividend Reinvestment and Direct Stock Purchase Plan. Some features of the Plan include:
- $15 enrollment fee (waived for shareowners and employees).
- Automatic reinvestment of dividends.
- Optional cash investments.
- Minimum investment is $25 if automatic monthly investments are authorized.
- Minimum monthly payroll deduction investment for PPL employees is $10
- Maximum investment is $25,000 per calendar month.
- The Plan Prospectus and enrollment forms can be accessed online or obtained through Wells Fargo Shareowner Services.
- Plan is administered by Wells Fargo Shareowner Services.