DIMENSIONS PHOTO CONTEST (THE “CONTEST”) OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE/BECOMING A CUSTOMER WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. THIS COMPETITION IS A CONTEST OF SKILL BASED ON JUDGING CRITERIA. YOU MUST BE A CURRENT EMPLOYEE OR RETIREE OF PPL TO ENTER. THESE RULES GOVERN YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST.
1. SPONSOR: PPL Services Corporation, with an address at 2 N. 9th Street, Allentown, PA 18101 (“PPL”), is the Sponsor of the Contest.
2. ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to enter and participate in the Contest, as of the date of your entry you must: (i) be 18 years of age or older, (ii) a current employee or retiree of PPL, and (iii) a legal resident of one of the 50 United States or District of Columbia (collectively, the “Eligible Participant” or “Eligible Participants”). Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. By entering the Contest, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to be bound by the Contest Official Rules (“Official Rules”) and the decisions of PPL, which shall be binding and final in all respects. All eligible entries have an equal chance of winning.
3. CONTEST OVERVIEW: PPL is conducting the Contest, which is governed by the Official Rules, and invites Eligible Participants to submit photos that highlight the history of PPL and its family of companies. (the “Theme”).
4. ENTRY PERIOD: The Contest starts on Dec. 23, 2019 and ends by 11:59 PM Eastern Time (“ET”) on February 21, 2020 (“Contest Period”).
5. ENTRY: To enter and participate in the Contest, Eligible Participants must submit one (1) photo consistent with the Theme by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (“Entry”). Eligible Participants submitting an Entry are referred to as the “Entrants”. ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY 11:59 PM EST ON FEBRUARY 21, 2020. PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST IS VOLUNTARY; IF AN EMPLOYEE DECIDES TO ENTER THE CONTEST, THE EMPLOYEE CAN ONLY ENTER DURING NON-WORKING HOURS. All Entries you submit must be original to Entrant alone and may not be copied or plagiarized. Entries cannot, as determined by PPL in its sole discretion: (i) be offensive, obscene, or inappropriate; (ii) be sexually explicit or suggestive, violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, or pornographic, contain nudity or any dangerous activity; (iii) include any trademarks, service marks, logos, or copyrights or other materials not owned by the Entrant or used without the owner’s permission, in a form acceptable to PPL, if requested; (iv) use another person’s name, image, likeness, or other identifiable feature without such person’s permission in a form acceptable to PPL, if requested; (v) include any celebrities or public figures; (vi) contain profanity, sexual content; content promoting alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms, or weapons, hateful content of any kind (including racism, sexism, etc.), or that promotes violence, hate, or harm to another or any animal, or any other offensive, obscene, or inappropriate content; (vii) defame, slander, misrepresent, or contain disparaging remarks about other people, companies, or businesses including, but not limited to PPL; (viii) make threats of any kind, harass, bully or intimidate another; (ix) contain materials personifying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other identifying elements of any person, living, or dead without permission in a form satisfactory to PPL, if requested; (x) contain, mention, refer, or otherwise allude to any political or religious references, statements or symbol; or (xi) violate any applicable federal, state or local laws.
PPL, within its sole and absolute discretion, has the right to accept, edit, modify or reject any Entry, for any reason. In addition, PPL has the right to disqualify any Entry that PPL determines, within its sole and absolute discretion, does not comply with the Official Rules or violates any applicable federal, state or local statutes, rules, regulations, guidelines or laws.
6. JUDGING CRITERIA; SELECTION; WINNER NOTIFICATION: The winning Entry (the “Winning Entry”) and two (2) finalist entries (the “Finalist Entries”) that best depict and illustrate the Theme will be selected by judges Kevin Amerman, Dimensions editor, Amy Santos, Dimensions designer, and Dana Burns, Manager – Corporate Communications (collectively, the “Judges”). PPL has the right to select replacement Judges if necessary in its sole discretion.
(a) Winner and finalists will be contacted within 30 days of the Contest end date at 11:59 PM EST on February 21, 2020 (b) Potential winner and finalists must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Failure to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules will result in the entrant’s disqualification, and forfeiture of his or her prize (if that entrant is a winner). In the event that a potential winner or finalist is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner and finalist based on the judging criteria from the Entries received. Sponsor will not be responsible, however, if factors beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control prevent a prize or part of a prize from being awarded. In that event, a substitute prize or part of a prize will not be awarded. Prizes cannot be substituted, except as provided herein. Prize is not transferable or assignable in whole or in part, and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions, whether in cash or otherwise, except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Prizes are awarded “as-is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equivalent value if the prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason (equivalent value to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion).
7. PRIZE: The Winning Entry and Finalist Entries will have the potential opportunity to be featured in Dimensions magazine, as determined within PPL’s sole discretion.
8. PUBLICITY RELEASE; USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION: Entrant’s submission of an Entry constitutes Entrant’s agreement and consent for PPL to use and/or publish Entrant’s full name, city and state of residence, photographs or other likenesses, Entry, photograph, pictures, portraits, voice, testimonials, biographical information (in whole or in part), and/or statements made by winner and/or finalist regarding the Contest or PPL, worldwide and in perpetuity for any and all purposes, including, but not limited to, advertising, trade and/or promotion on behalf of PPL or its affiliates, in any and all forms of media, now known or hereafter devised, including, but not limited to, print, TV, radio, electronic, cable, or World Wide Web, without further limitation, restriction, compensation, notice, review, or approval.
9. USE OF DATA: Sponsor will collect personal data about entrants via entry forms. By participating in the Contest and providing your personal information via opt-in, Entrants hereby agree to Sponsor’s collection and usage of their personal information to administer the Contest.
10. RELEASE OF LIABILITY; INDEMNIFICATION: By entering and/or participating in the Contest, all Entrants agree to release, discharge, hold harmless and indemnify PPL and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and successors and assigns, and each of their respective shareholders, members, partners, directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents, contractors, and vendors (“Released Parties”), from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury (including emotional distress), and/or death which may occur in connection with preparation for, or participation in, the Contest or any Contest-related activity and for any claims or causes of action based on publicity rights, infringement, misappropriation of name and likeness, defamation, or invasion of privacy. In the event that an Entrant breaches any of Entrant’s representations, warranties or undertakings contained herein, Released Parties shall be entitled to and may seek indemnification from the Entrant for recovery of all legal fees, damages, claims and other expenses that may be incurred by Released Parties as a result of such aforementioned breach. All Entrants agree to indemnify Released Parties from any claims, damages, losses or injuries, including reasonable attorney’s fees and costs, arising from or relating to the Contest.
11. LIMITATION ON LIABILITY: By entering the Contest, Entrant agrees (to the maximum extent permitted under applicable law) that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Contest shall be resolved between the entrant and Sponsor without resort to any form of class action litigation, and entrant waives his or her right to a jury trial for such disputes, claims, and causes of action; (b) any claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred in pursuing such claim, judgment or award, but in no event shall attorneys’ fees or expenses be awarded; and (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, special, incidental, or consequential damages, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased, and any and all rights to other types of damages not expressly waived herein, other than damages for actual out-of-pocket costs incurred as set forth herein. Sponsor shall not assume and hereby disclaims any liability for Contest Entries or notifications to winner or finalists (including but not limited to prize deliveries) that are not received by such winner or finalists.
12. RIGHT TO CANCEL, MODIFY: PPL may modify, extend, suspend or terminate the Contest, including the Contest Period, for any reason deemed necessary in PPL’s sole discretion without notice to Entrants.
13. CONSTRUCTION/GOVERNING LAW: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any Entrant and/or Sponsor, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of Pennsylvania or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Pennsylvania. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained herein. Entrants and the winner and finalists agree that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Contest shall be resolved between the entrant and Sponsor exclusively by the appropriate court located in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
14. GENERAL CONDITIONS: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of the Official Rules. Sponsor further reserves the right and may, at any time and without notice or obligation, cancel, terminate, suspend, or modify the Contest or winner selection not capable of completion as planned, including because of weather, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, or technical or other failures of any sort or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor.
15. WINNER’S IDENTITYLIST: For the names of the winner of the Winning Entry and the winners of the Finalist Entry, email email@example.com to request the winner’s names’ list via email. Winner’s and finalists’ names will be sent after selection of the winner and finalists.