NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE BRIGHT LIGHTS GRANTSPROGRAM, PARTICIPANTS AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND THE DECISIONS OF THE PPL FOUNDATION (SPONSOR).
1. Eligibility: The Bright Lights Grants program (“Program”) is open to legal residents who work for a nonprofit agency within the 29 counties in Pennsylvania served by PPL Electric Utilities Corporation. Employees, officers, trustees, and directors of PPL Corporation and its affiliates and their immediate families (parent, child, sibling and spouse and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and persons living in the same households as such individuals (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate as either nominating a person or being nominated.
2. Timing: Nominations will be accepted beginning at 12:01:00 AM ET on February 1, 2020 and ending at 11:59:59 PM ET on April 30, 2020 (“Nomination Period”). Nominees and the nominating person will be notified generally within six weeksof Sponsor’s receipt of their nomination. The nominee will be required to complete a Liability and Publicity Release in order to be eligible to receive a Grant.
3. How to Participate: Nominate an employee of a nonprofit agency through the Bright Lights application at https://www.pplweb.com/100years/bright-lights-grants/. Your nomination and short description are your Submission, and you are the Nominator (“Submission”).
Note: A participant cannot nominate him- or herself or a family member.
After you submit your Submission, you and the nominee will be notified by email. Nominator and nominee may be asked to provide more information for Sponsor to confirm identity and eligibility and may be asked to agree to a background check.
By uploading your Submission, you agree that your Submission conforms to the Guidelines and Content Restrictions provided below (the Guidelines and Restrictions). Sponsor may reject your Submission and disqualify your nominee from the Grants if it believes that your Submission fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions.
Submission Guidelines and Content Restrictions:
Limit: Each nominator may upload more than one Submission but may only upload one Submission per nominee. Once submitted, unless the nominator or the nominee requests that Submission be withdrawn, a Submission will be retained by Sponsor. Submissions generated by script, macro or other automated means are void.
License Rights: Each nominator grants to Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display his/her Submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If requested, nominator (and, if nominator is a minor, nominator’s parent/guardian) will sign documentation confirming these license rights. Released Parties (defined below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, garbled, delayed or misdirected Submissions; all of which will be void.
4. Grant Determination: The Sponsor will select 10 honorees in June after a review period as follows:
a) Judging Phase: After the end of the Nomination Period, a committee selected by Sponsor (the “Committee”) will review the Submissions received, and then judge eligible Submissions based on the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”), including but not limited to:
Sponsor reserves the right to contact nominees for more information in connection with the Grants and to retain any information collected for use in judging and honoree selection, future use in promoting or publicizing the Grants, and other PPL Foundation programs, and for such other uses as Sponsor deems proper.
5. Notice to Honorees: The potential honorees will be notified by email on an ongoing basis. If the potential honoree does not respond to such notification within 10 business days of the notification, or otherwise comply with the requirements in the notification, he/she may be disqualified.
The potential honoree may be required to complete and return any tax forms or other documents Sponsor requires. All required documentation must be returned within 10 business days of notification. The potential honoree may also, at Sponsor’s discretion, be required to pass a background check and to provide any information and sign any documentation required to conduct such background check. Potential onoree also agrees to participate without additional financial reward in interviews and photo sessions by writers and photographers engaged by Honored that can be used by Honored as marketing material. If a potential honoree fails to sign and return the Liability and Publicity Release within the required time period, that potential honoree may be disqualified, and a new alternate potential honoree may be selected in his/her place at random from all eligible entries received during the Nomination Period.
Sponsor reserves the right to choose alternate potential honorees if information in the Submission cannot be verified to the satisfaction of Sponsor or if potential Honoree fails to return any required documentation. If a Submission or potential honoree is disqualified for any reason, the Grant may be awarded to an alternate, if any, selected in accordance with the Judging Criteria described above. Only three alternates may be determined through this process, after which the award will remain un-awarded. Selection as an honoree is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements in these Official Rules. EACH POTENTIAL HONOREE IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR AND WILL NOT RECEIVE THE GRANTS UNLESS AND UNTIL POTENTIAL HONOREE’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED. Grants will be fulfilled approximately 2-9 months after the potential honoree has been offered and has formally accepted the award, provided all required documentation and verifications steps have been completed.
6. Grants: The nonprofit agency at which each honoree is employee will each receive one check for $10,000 (“Grant”). The check will be sent to the address that Honoree provides on his/her Liability and Publicity Release. One award per agency.
7. GENERAL RELEASE: All entrants unconditionally, irrevocably, and forever releases, discharges and holds harmless Sponsor, and its officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, related companies, advertising and promotional agencies, and prize suppliers (and the respective heirs, successors, and assigns of each of the foregoing) (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, damages, fees, or expenses (including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees and expenses) of any kind arising out of or in connection with (a) the Program and any Grants; (b) participation in the Program; (c) the acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize awarded (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses, damages, fees, or expenses, including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees or expenses, related to personal injury, death, damage to, loss, or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light); (d) unauthorized human intervention in the Program; (e) lost, late, delayed, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable hard copy entries, mail, or email; (f) errors in the administration of the Program or the processing of nominations; (g) the entrant’s inability to participate in the Program; (h) any interruption in or postponement, cancellation, or modification of the Program or Grant; (i) human error; (i) any other error or malfunction; (k) any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of Sponsor, its affiliates or agents, or any other Released Parties; (l) any other cause, condition, or event whatsoever beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor, its affiliates or agents, or any other Released Parties; or (m) typographical, printing, or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to this Program.
8. INDEMNIFICATION BY PARTICIPANTS: Entrants agree to fully indemnify the Released Parties from any and all claims by third parties, without limitation, arising out of or in connection with the Grant, including, but not limited to, participation in the Grant, any prize used or awarded in the Grant, errors in the administration of the Grant, or any other errors or malfunctions, and any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized acts or omissions.
9. CONDUCT: Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules, which will be available at https://www.pplweb.com/100years/bright-lights-grants/rules-and-regulations/. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be: (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Program, or any Sponsor website; (b) violating the letter or spirit of these Official Rules or other guidelines of the Program; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of any Sponsor property or service, or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Program may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By entering the Bright Lights Grant program and/or by an honoree accepting a prize, entrants agree (to the maximum extent permitted under applicable law) that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Grant shall be resolved between the entrant and Sponsor without resort to any form of class action litigation, and entrant waives his or her right to a jury trial for such disputes, claims, and causes of action; (b) any claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred in pursuing such claim, judgment or award, but in no event shall attorneys’ fees or expenses be awarded; and (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, special, incidental, or consequential damages, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased, and any and all rights to other types of damages not expressly waived herein, other than damages for actual out-of-pocket costs incurred as set forth herein. Sponsor shall not assume and hereby disclaims any liability for Grant entries or notifications to an honoree (including but not limited to prize deliveries) that are not received by such honoree.
11. CONSTRUCTION/GOVERNING LAW: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any entrant and/or Sponsor, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of Pennsylvania or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Pennsylvania. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained herein. Entrants and Honoree agree that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Grant shall be resolved between the entrant and Sponsor exclusively by the appropriate court located in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
12. GENERAL CONDITIONS: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Program is impaired in any way for any reason, including but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion (a) suspend the Program to address the impairment and then resume the Program in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of impairment. Sponsor further reserves the right and may, at any time and without notice or obligation, cancel, terminate, suspend, or modify any Grant or drawing not capable of completion as planned, including because of weather, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, or technical or other failures of any sort or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor.
13. HONOREE’S LIST: For the names of the grant honorees, send a self-addressed, stamped business-size (#10) envelope to: PPL Foundation, Bright Lights Grant Program, c/o L. Santana-GENTW5, 2 N. 9th St., Allentown, PA 18101, or email email@example.com to request the honorees’ list via email. Honoree names will be sent after selection of the honorees.
15. SPONSOR AND ADMINISTRATOR:
PPL Foundation, L. Santana-GENTW5, 2 N. 9th St., Allentown, PA 18101.