A strong foundation. A solid future.
Powered by people
Challenging. Rewarding. Educational.
We’re looking for a new generation of strong and successful leaders to take us to the next level. If you’re motivated, eager to learn and a solid academic performer, we may very well have a place for you.
We’re regularly looking for everything from electrical engineers to finance majors to information technology associates.
Check us out if you’re looking for a place to build a challenging, rewarding career or gain real-life experience to enhance what you’ve been learning in class.
- What is an intern/cooperative associate (co-op)?
- What can you expect from an internship/cooperative associate experience?
- Intern/cooperative associate housing
- PPL Student Ambassador Program
What is an intern/cooperative associate (co-op)?
An intern/cooperative associate is a full-time college student in an accredited four-year institution who works alongside industry professionals in a program designed to give students practical work experience in their field of study. There are full-time and part-time competitively paid opportunities available throughout the year.
The intern/co-op program helps students determine career interests and gain exposure to a corporate environment while gaining practical skills and experience to supplement their work in the classroom.
Opportunities for interns/cooperative associates are available in Pennsylvania, Montana, and Washington D.C.
Qualifications:• Enrolled in an accredited four-year college or university program.
• Enrolled on a full-time basis as determined by the college or university (12 semester hours).
• Have an acceptable overall grade point average, generally not lower than a 3.2.
• Eligible to work in accordance with Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (BCIS) regulations.
• Able to provide an official student transcript and other required information.
• 18 years of age or older.
There are intern/co-op opportunities available for various fields of study.
What you can expect from an internship/cooperative associate experience
- Gain an understanding of the energy and utility industry
- Obtain experience working for a Fortune 500® company
- Meet and network with PPL executives, employees, and other interns/co-ops
- Take on challenging assignments to increase your professional abilities and skills in your field of study
Intern/cooperative associate housing
PPL has arranged with local colleges to provide an affordable housing option for summer interns/co-ops.
Students employed at our Lehigh Valley, Pa offices have the option of staying at Muhlenberg College's The Village.
Student's employed at our Berwick, Pa offices have the option of staying at Bloomsburg University's Old Schoolhouse Apartments.