A strong foundation. A solid future.
Powered by people
Challenging. Rewarding. Educational.
We’re looking for a new generation of strong and successful leaders to take us to the next level. If you’re motivated, eager to learn and a solid academic performer, we may very well have a place for you.
We’re regularly looking for everything from electrical engineers to finance majors to information technology associates.
Check us out if you’re looking for a place to build a challenging, rewarding career or gain real-life experience to enhance what you’ve been learning in class.
- What is an intern/cooperative associate (co-op)?
- What can you expect from an internship/cooperative associate experience?
- Intern/cooperative associate housing
- PPL Student Ambassador Program
What is an intern/cooperative associate (co-op)?
An intern/cooperative associate is a full-time college student in an accredited four-year institution who works alongside industry professionals in a program designed to give students practical work experience in their field of study. There are full-time and part-time competitively paid opportunities available throughout the year.
The intern/co-op program helps students determine career interests and gain exposure to a corporate environment while gaining practical skills and experience to supplement their work in the classroom.
Opportunities for interns/cooperative associates are available in Pennsylvania, Montana, and Washington D.C.
Qualifications:• Enrolled in an accredited four-year college or university program.
• Enrolled on a full-time basis as determined by the college or university (12 semester hours).
• Have an acceptable overall grade point average, not lower than a 3.0.
• Eligible to work in accordance with Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (BCIS) regulations.
• Able to provide an official student transcript and other required information.
• 18 years of age or older.
There are intern/co-op opportunities available for various fields of study.
What you can expect from an internship/cooperative associate experience
- Gain an understanding of the energy and utility industry
- Obtain experience working for a Fortune 500® company
- Meet and network with PPL executives, employees, and other interns/co-ops
- Take on challenging assignments to increase your professional abilities and skills in your field of study
Intern/cooperative associate housing
PPL has arranged with local colleges to provide an affordable housing option for summer interns/co-ops both on-campus and off-campus.